Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day 35

Things are moving so fast in the right direction these days that we can barely keep up! Today Brynn's doctors agreed to let her have a bottle anytime she seems "ready." They also changed her isolette's temperature control from being based on her skin temperature to being based on air temperature. I'm still not sure what that means exactly, but from what I understand, this is the next step before she'll be out in an open bed like a normal newborn nursery bed. She is now going to be swaddled in a blanket and (hold your breath) wearing clothes!! I nearly cried today when they went and found a premie onesie to put on her for the first time. It swallowed her whole but it was still the cutest thing ever! Thanks to both grandmas, Brynn already has 3-4 premie gowns and outfits, and I plan to get them washed tonight so we can take them to the hospital tomorrow. They also informed me that they are going to have me start trying to breastfeed tomorrow. They don't expect Brynn to have any great "skills" but we are now at the point that she can start learning. Anything that frees me from the pump every once in a while sounds great to me!
Blaine's sister Holly, her husband Lyle, and their 2 year old son Jack came up for a visit this weekend. Holly hasn't seen Brynn since she was 4 days old and was in shock at how much she has grown and changed. All of the sudden the past 5 weeks seem to have gone really quickly.

No comments: