Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 41

Brynn gained another ounce and weighed in at 3 lbs 7 oz tonight. She was evaluated by the occupational therapist, Ashley, for the second time today. Ashley said that she is doing well but is working hard to transition from an "immature" sucking pattern to a more "mature" pattern. We both really like and respect Ashley so I decided to pose the "when do you think we'll go home" question to her. Lately we've gotten so many different estimates that I wanted to hear an opinion from the expert on feeding since "feeding and growing" are now our biggest goals. Unfortunately, Ashley says that she still thinks our due date is a good estimate of when she'll be ready to go home. Of course, all along I had been telling myself that we'll get to have her home by Thanksgiving, but I let my hopes get up too much with all the hype in the last week about getting to go home earlier than expected. We are still 4 weeks from our due date and now that seems like a really long time...28 more days...112 more visits to the hospital...OK, I better stop crunching numbers.

Brynn's night nurse tonight got her dressed up in her new dress from Nana (Blaine's mother). She even set up a little "photo op" while she weighed her so I snapped lots of quick pics and posted a few here tonight. The hat showed up on top of Brynn's isolette with a little tag saying that it was hand-made by a certain group. It is too cute, and we were shocked when it was actually too small. I think that's the first thing that has ever been too small for her!

No comments: